Thursday, March 15, 2012

Coconut Lemonade


I heart coconut!  Really truly, I can't get enough of it.  A dear friend introduced this to me a few years ago and it's one of my favorites to sip on in the summer on my porch.  There are some modifications you could make, for instance use already made lemonade or Country Time lemonade or Crystal Light instead of fresh squeezed.  We do that a lot because it's quick and we always have it on hand unlike lemons.  You can get Torani syrup at a restaurant supply store.  

                                                               
 My kids love it too!  They told me yesterday that I was the best mom.....maybe it could work for you?  hahaha!  I love how easily bought my kids are but then again they are 5, 3 and 1.  Their standards are still pretty low.  Lucky me!

Speaking of lucky.....we will announce the winner of our Easter garland giveaway tomorrow so be sure to enter and check back to see if you are the winner!  Also, I've joined a link party at Uncommon,  check it out for some other great ideas.


Coconut Lemonade


3 cups warm water
2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp Coconut Syrup - like Torani or cream of coconut
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen raspberries

In large bowl combine water, lemon juice, sugar and coconut syrup.  Stir until sugar is dissolved.  Cover and refrigerate 4-24 hours (I do about 30 mins if I do fresh squeezed, otherwise there is no need.)  To serve, add berries and serve over ice cubes.

                                                                            xo
                                                                          Mel


No comments:

Post a Comment