Friday, March 30, 2012

Everyone's Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie



    I was at lunch with some old friends yesterday.  We were discussing our favorite treats among many other things.  Of course we all love mini Cadbury eggs but classic old Chocolate Chip Cookies was a winner.  Now these cookies are not going to change the world but I guarantee you will love this recipe as much as my family does.
    A few things I think make these cookies the best are real butter, Mexican vanilla and Guitard milk chocolate chips(they are slightly larger than regular chocolate chips).  I also personally prefer semi-sweet but my husband loves milk chocolate.  Another fun choice is to do half milk chocolate and half butterscotch.

Everyone's Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie

1 cup butter (yes real butter)
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla ( I use Mexican Vanilla)

2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon  baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

2/3 of a bag of chocolate chips
1/2 cup of walnuts (optional)

Cream together butter and sugars, add egg and vanilla.  
Sift together flour, salt and baking soda.  Mix into butter mixture.  Add chocolate chips and nuts.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Bake for about 10 min.

 enjoy!

                   xo, Tami


2 comments:

  1. Hi TamBam!
    Love ur site. Just had to add that some Mexican vanilla adds corn syrup to their vanilla. So beware. I ordered vanilla beans from amazon (so cheap there!) and made my own vanilla sugar. I use it for baking. Soooo good. Anyway, can't wait to try your cookies. Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know. What kind of vanilla beans do you buy?

      Delete