Thursday, March 8, 2012

So Yummy! Homemade Coconut Syrup on French toast



If you are craving something tropical or are in the mood for a yummy breakfast this Syrup is truly the best!  My family craves it!  In fact I joke with my kids that they have more syrup on their plates than french toast.  This coconut syrup is so easy to make.  It only takes about 5 - 10 minutes.  Please give it a try and let me know what you think.  I promise you will not be disappointed!

Coconut Syrup Recipe

1/2 cup butter
1 1/2  cups sugar
2 Tablespoons corn syrup ( sometimes I do not use this)
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 Tablespoon Imitation Coconut extract

In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring butter, sugar, corn syrup, milk and baking soda to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly a couple of minutes.  (Mixture will bubble up, so be sure to use a large pot)  Remove from heat and carefully stir in the coconut extract.

Pour it on pancakes, waffles, ice cream, bread pudding...or anything else you would like!
Enjoy!
XO, Tami


2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! We will definitely have to try it here!

    XOXO
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tam, great to see you on here! My kids love coconut syrup but we always just bring it back from Hawaii. I'll have to try yours!

    ReplyDelete