Monday, July 2, 2012

So...I've been building a float


Well, it's been a couple of months of pure craziness around here.  I've been building a float for the Days of '47 Parade that takes place on July 24th which is Pioneer Day here in Utah.  As a Mormon, I belong to a large congregation in my neighborhood called a Stake.  Our stake has been assigned to participate in the parade with a float.  My "calling" or area I give service to is the Cultural Arts in my stake.  The float falls under my calling.  So, since last September we have been working on this float.  It all started with a few design concepts and we narrowed it down to "The Family Dream Machine".  We started actually building it in February and it has taken ALOT of my extra time.  I am so thrilled with the finished product and am so grateful for all the people that gave so much of their time and talent to this project!  We couldn't have done it without them.  Anyway, after the 24th I will post more pictures of the entire thing with the amazing costumes that the youth will be wearing while walking in the parade.  I'm on the home stretch and then will be back blogging regularly, yay!

                                                                                xo
                                                                            Melanie

1 comment:

  1. Wish I was going to be in town to see it in person! I'm sure it is amazing! I know how much time those babies take! I spent every summer from the time I was 8-16 helping build parade floats for Modern Display! Good luck with the parade!

    ReplyDelete